Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you passionate about the customer and love to solve challenging problems with a team of other brilliant engineers?
Microsoft is transitioning ta cloud first world. Microsoft Core Service Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft's customers, partners, and our employees. We have an exciting opportunity for an SAP Enterprise Architect who is passionate about driving technical strategy for the SAP platform, collaborate with SAP on future direction, and develop SAP roadmaps.
We are looking for SAP Basis professionals who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer.
Your ability to be the customer advocate, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best customer experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
* 15+ years of Basis experience
* Expert experience with SAP System Performance tuning, root cause analysis and resolution
* Ability to develop patterns and practices for reading, writing, configuring code, and designing end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
* Ability to communicate technical SAP strategies and roadmaps with Senior and C-Level executives
* Experience in running and presenting in Livesite reviews
* Experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current service behavior through telemetry
* Experience developing patterns and practices applicable to resilience modeling (failure mode analysis) and simulation of service outages
* Experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
* Experience developing standards applicable to technical strategies and roadmaps.
* Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions
* Demonstrated expertise in web services, virtualization and cloud concepts
* Familiarity & Experience in many of the following:
* SAP Basis
* SAP upgrades
* Basis security
* HANA Administration
* SAP Netweaver stack
* Windows Server
* SQL Server
* Windows Server/Azure
* LINUX SUSE
* Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
* Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service
* Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
* Experience identifying services appropriate for hosting on PaaS and IaaS offerings, as well as migration to internal or external SaaS providers
* Experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as code, as well as service auto-scale capabilities
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collaborate with business and technical teams to gather SAP requirements to develop solutions. Must have a strong focus on the end-to-end customer experience.
* Leverage SAP technologies to build world class, innovative solutions
* Develop standards for SAP landscape diagrams, SAP interfaces, and SAP development best practices
* Work with partner teams for capacity planning, defining service requirements, and designing end-to-end service telemetry.
* Enable and enhance how SAP runs on the cloud
* Align SAP solutions with Security best practices
* Be an SAP Technical Subject Matter Expert
* Present at industry events on SAP best practices
* Define and implement SAP platform security
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.