Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of the team that creates showcase user experiences that create a lasting impression on the users? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building enterprise scale data warehouse and big data systems using Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If so, consider joining the software Engineering team in the End User Engineering organization in Core Services Engineering and Operations.
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of the Digital Workplace engineering team and contribute to the evolution of end user services. Digital Workplace deals with creating and operating work environments that are comfortable, functional, collaborative and efficient. It enables employees to realize their potential and helps Microsoft achieve greater business results. Microsoft Real Estate & Security (our business function) provides global employees with a wide range of services and programs essential for team collaboration and innovation, including dining/catering, shuttle/commute, meetings, reception/office upgrades/maintenance, and emergency prep and security. As an indicator to the scale of operations, RE&F covers 44 million square feet of office space, encompassing 600+ buildings across ~100 countries.
As a software engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding and testing features that enable our RE&S business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, warehouse, data factories) while engineering as a devOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
* 10+ years development and design working on high availability systems
* Experience creating complex, large enterprise applications/data platforms from scratch
* Experience on cloud platforms, including but not limited to: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud etc.
* Excellent data skills to build and run an enterprise scale Big Data and Data warehouse platform using Azure Data Lake, Cosmos, Apache Hadoop, HDInsight, Azure Data warehouse, SQL PaaS, Spark, Hive, Azure Data Factory etc.
* Excellent skills in SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics, Power BI etc.
* Testing mindset, before beginning code development
* Translate problem solving techniques into secure, performant code
* Working understanding operating in an Agile team
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Preferred, not required:
* Exposure to Machine Learning
* Experience using Microsoft management platforms like System Center, System Center Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Management Suite & Virtual Machine Manager, etc..
* Experience in user friendly data visualizations using self-service capabilities
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* End to End engineering (from architecture, to supporting production) accountability for the service
* Design and Develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable large, enterprise systems - ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
* Carry out quick technology "spikes" (or proofs of concepts) to create value in new features and service.
* Architect, Design, develop, test, deploy, and monitor large scale distributed software services and solutions
* Create enterprise grade systems through proven architecture patterns, designing well-defined interfaces across multiple components, rigorous code reviews, object-oriented programming, keeping agile release, maintainability, monitoring and alerting in mind.
* Leveraging data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation.
* Influence product & system technology roadmap aligning to business outcomes.
* Drive improvement of automated test coverage for services, organizes by implementing integration tests, functional tests, performance tests and proactively resolve problem areas.
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
* Coach, and mentor the junior people on the team
* Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.