Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you dream of building large-scale, multi-tenant solutions to drive a modern data and ML platform? The Shared Services Data team in CSEO wants to hear from you.
We are hiring extremely talented, motivated and productive individuals to join us at the heart of Microsoft's Shared Services Engineering Data team. Successful candidates will be seasoned software engineers in at least one of the following areas: API design, scalable service development, site reliability engineering, and building user interface and backend system to work with large datasets. A successful candidate will be a thought leader, with direct or indirect experience in machine learning, and have a keen curiosity to learn and explore new areas in data driven design, research and results.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* Demonstrated industry experience in building industrial strength software
* 3+ years solid programming skills in C# or similar
* Deep expertise in modern engineering practices
* Strong design, problem solving and drive to success, with a bias for engineering excellence at scale and a track record of shipping multiple releases
* Extensive knowledge of database design and programming
* Hands-on development experience in Microsoft Azure and big data ecosystem such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HDInsight and Cosmos, or similar
* Familiar with Machine Learning and AI technologies/tools is a big plus
* Experience in modern web-based application development
* Business domain expertise in areas of sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and/or HR
* Experience as a tech lead or person manager, recognized expertise in previous experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and build new large-scale services and tools for CSEO's shared data and ML platform
* Work with data engineers, data scientists, and cross-functional teams to improve platform capabilities
* Thought leader with a product mindset to use the best of Azure and OSS in the delivery of solutions
* Produce high quality code, secure, and performant systems
* Prioritize new work based on business impact estimations
* Work with team members to define iterative execution plans and identify project risk factors
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.