Small Teams; Big Data
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to bring their individual approach to our collaborative process. We need a person who can, on any given day, code on their own, provide technical leadership over major projects, and work with others in and outside of their team.
At Tapad, we know that our company is only as good as the people who work here, so we only hire the best and the brightest. We're focused on celebrating your successes, helping you grow, and maintaining your work-life balance.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, generous parental leave, and unlimited PTO. We believe if you're sick, feel like you're getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free lunch every Wednesday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every day. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Must have experience:
* 5+ years of software engineering
* 1+ years functional programming experience
* Experience working with Big Data
* Experience with containerization
* Multi-threaded application development
* Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant complex systems
Nice to Haves:
* Scala programming experience
* Knowledge of JVM ecosystem
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigQuery
* Serve as a Senior member of the team by contributing to the architecture, design and implementation
* Mentor junior engineers and enable their growth
* Lead and drive technical projects. Take responsibility for the planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
* Collaborate with other engineering, product, and data science teams to ensure we're building the best products
* Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or closely related degree
* Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing your fellow team members and gaining their respect
What We Offer:
* Competitive salary
* Unlimited PTO
* 401k with matching
* Catered lunch on Wednesdays. Bagel breakfasts on Fridays. Snacks, drinks, and gourmet coffee every day of the week
* An open, non-hierarchical culture that encourages everyone to take ownership and voice their ideas
* Fun and energetic environment with plenty of org-wide extra-curricular activities - think book clubs, run clubs, games and tournaments, and more - but plenty of time and space for deep work
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Tapad provides cross-platform, unified advertising solutions for brands and businesses.