Senior Software Engineer - Observability (Full Stack)
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Twitter's Observability team develops and operates the infrastructure that Twitter developers depend on to measure, visualize, alarm, investigate, and optimize all manner of issues related to their services. This team collects and processes more than 3 billion metrics per minute in real-time. To do so, we leverage a number of internally developed services that have been purpose-built to meet our demanding scale, latency, and reliability requirements.
What You'll Do:
As a full-stack engineer on the Observability team, you will be at the forefront of building both the user-facing tools and the underlying systems that help Twitter engineers operate real-time systems at scale. Our platform serves hundreds of internal customers running the thousands of services that comprise the Twitter product. You'll have an opportunity to work directly with internal customers on a diverse number of projects and technologies that are core to Twitter's overall reliability and performance.
Join the flock and help us shape the future of distributed, large scale computing!
Who You Are:
You have strong computer science fundamentals and are passionate about scale, quality, and performance. You have a passion for open source software development. You have experience with user interfaces, distributed systems, and asynchronous programming.
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
* 5+ years of relevant professional experience
* Track record for building and operating full-stack applications, from JS to DB
* Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background
* Model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting
* Previous experience with React.js preferred.
* Previous experience with Python, Java, and/or Scala is a plus
* Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and improve skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a social networking platform.