Software Engineer (Full Stack Web) - Publisher Platform
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
The mission of Twitter's Publisher Platform is to help people stay informed about what's going on in the world wherever they are online. We do this by making Twitter content available and embeddable around the internet, and making it easy and compelling to join the conversation on Twitter.
As a web engineer on the team, you'll be working to ensure Twitter for Websites embeds are the best way for publishers to tell amazing stories using Twitter content on their websites, and to develop engaging user experiences for the millions of logged-out visitors who visit our progressive web app every day. Through your work, Twitter grows beyond a great consumer app to a company whose content powers experiences across the web.
A few things that set us apart:
* We ship fast - we're huge fans of build/measure/learn with a weekly cadence.
* We are data driven - we're rigorous about experimentation and measure the impact of the features we ship.
* We have strong customer focus - you'll be able to connect directly with customers who are using our products, and use their input to make meaningful improvements.
* Team-centric development - we are strong believers of limiting our work-in-progress and bias towards working collaboratively.
* We love hanging out together - we have team coffee and lunch - and believe that it's important for us to have a team where everyone has a voice, and enjoys their time at work.
* We value software quality - your code will run on millions of websites, and reach over a billion users every month, so it needs to be stable, performant, and trustworthy.
* We are committed to your growth - there are plenty of mentorship and on-site education opportunities to help you develop as an engineer and technical leader.
Intrigued? Great! We're looking for engineers who are ready to push their limits, and have a material impact on Twitter's growth and success.
What You'll Do
* Contribute to multiple layers of our stack, from our web client and embeds, to APIs and data pipelines.
* Take an active role in team processes, and product decisions. From using data and customer insight to better prioritize, to end-to-end ownership of a feature, you'll do more than just write code.
* Participate in our learning culture, embracing opportunities to learn from Twitter's community of web engineers, as well as teach others your strengths.
Who You Are
* You're customer-focused and understand that shipping impactful software involves trade-offs and collaboration.
* You get stuff done and thrive in a small group environment.
* You have a strong sense of ownership and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment with arrest and conviction records
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.