We are transforming the Windows Print Platform to support a fully connected world where customer's data and organization's infrastructure reside in the cloud. This requires printer devices to become cloud-aware, connect to an organization's cloud-based infrastructure, and allow printing from anywhere.
As a Software Engineer in the Azure Cloud+AI Print team, you have a great opportunity to develop the software that securely connects printer devices to a new Azure services. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who has a passion for cloud technologies as well as being part of a high performing engineering team. You will work with others to develop service components using a variety of Azure services like Azure AD, Azure Storage, Azure Cache for Redis, etc. You will be responsible for the development, scheduling, validation, and delivery of components and features. Previous experience with building scalable cloud services is desirable as you will be building a new cloud service.
* BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience building and shipping high performance and scalable software in C++/C#
* 2+ years demonstrated experience working on cloud-based services and infrastructure
* Passion for iterative development, and ability to design for robustness, longevity, and extensibility across releases
* Demonstrated commitment to the success of others
* Design and development experience with distributed systems and operating systems
* Previous design and development experience with scalable cloud services
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Write clean well thought out code with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability
* Prototype, design and develop large components of the service
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail
* Execute on the team approach to Software Engineering by designing, coding, test automation, testing, debugging, building, and deploying.
* Use telemetry to improve the features and improve satisfaction
* Gain a deep understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with multiple partner teams to implement cohesive end-to-end experiences for our customers.
* Provide technical leadership, mentor junior engineers
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.