In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We're looking for talented and motivated engineers with experiences contributing to the design, implementation, integration, and validation of platforms and APIs for third party Mixed Reality developers. The team is responsible to deliver the next generation of APIs and runtimes for Mixed Reality platform and devices. Experiences of working with 3D game engines, DirectX, OpenGL, or 3D graphical applications would be a plus and directly contribute to key investments across the team. The passion to engage and serve our developer community is a must.
* 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience.
* 5+ years' experience writing performance-critical code in C/C++.
* A degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree.
* Excellent technical problem-solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
* Experience in DirectX, OpenGL, or 3D graphical applications
* Experience with 3D game engines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and deliver key features and developer scenarios for Mixed Reality products
* Partner with a team of cross-discipline peers (including Design, PM, and external engineering teams)
* Stay focused on enabling customer, developer, and ISV scenarios.
* Help build out our developer community, by providing the best tools, samples, and documentation for our platform.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.