Search for more jobs
Software Engineer in Test - Commerce/ERP
* Job: 21211-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
As a Business Applications Quality Engineer for our Commerce team, you will engage early in the software development process, influencing requirements specifications, attending usability sessions, and discussing software design and testability with software engineers, to ensure high quality of our software. You will act as a liaison for quality issues, develop written technical test plans, create and run specific test scenarios, and develop automated test suites. In addition, you will help identify, document and implement improvement in both systems and processes.
* Design and develop test plans based upon functional and design specifications
* Create and maintain automated test suites, and perform hands-on testing of web applications
* Actively participate in functional, system and regression testing activities
* Analyze and report bugs, and work with software engineers to resolve them
* Participate in functional reviews, test specifications, documentation and code review
* Participate in all aspects of product development and design
* Performing hands-on testing of web applications
* Demonstrated experience in/with quality engineering
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
* 2-3 years of Quality Engineering
* Experience with testing Web Services and Java APIs
* Experience with unit test frameworks like JUnit
* Automated GUI testing experience, including use of open source or third party tools
* Programming experience in Java
* Proficiency in SQL and database concepts
* Experience with N-tier web application testing
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Proficiency in industry standard Quality Engineering methodologies
* Ability to multi-task, triage issues, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.