Search for more jobs
Data Warehouse Developer / Analyst
* Job: 16238-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
The Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst will support the ongoing development and maintenance of our data warehousing systems and data marts. Through your efforts, you'll be making valuable contributions to the continuous transformation and improvement of our information systems. This role works with the rest of the Data Warehouse team within MathWorks IT to support the data development lifecycle, including data profiling, ETL and data model design and development, testing, and support. We're looking for someone who is a data-driven self-starter, team oriented, and a great communicator, with the skills necessary to ensure successful growth and support of our data warehousing systems.
* Works with project teams and business contacts to understand their analysis and reporting requirements and ensures the design and delivered solution meets those needs.
* Works closely with the data warehouse team to translate business requirements and logical data models into working databases, including relational and dimensional (star-schema) designs.
* ETL programming: Understand the source data available and map sources to the target design using a variety of tools, but primarily using the ETL tool of choice (SAP Data Services, formerly BusinessObjects Data Integrator).
* Conducts thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced
* Makes changes to BusinessObjects universes to reflect changes made to marts
* Participating in on-call 2nd-tier rotation supporting the nightly DW loading process
* Monitoring the DW platform metrics, while recommending and implementing improvements
* Assisting the team with performance tuning for ETL and database processes
* Owning and maintaining the data refresh processes in our test environments
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* BS degree in a technical field
* 5+ years of experience in IT software development (such as Systems Analysis, Data Warehousing, ETL, and QA areas)
* 3+ years' experience with ETL tools, such as Informatica, SAP Data Services, or MS SSIS
* 2+ years' experience with Database development, administration, debugging, and tuning in SQL Server required
* Experience with relational database design/modeling using tools such as ERstudio or ERwin.
* Expert-level SQL coding/querying skills in SQL Server and/or MySQL
* Great interpersonal and communications skills, while establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with team members
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
* Solid understanding of systems architecture, Windows Server, and web server administration
* Experience dealing with large relational data sets, including load performance, query performance, archiving, etc.
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Crystal, Business Objects, Microsoft SSRS, or Oracle OBIEE.
* Project experience with unstructured or semi-structured data
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.