The Advanced Communication Department in Marlborough Massachusetts is pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place".
Typical job functions for the Senior Software Engineer (C++/Java) include:
* Participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions.
* Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, test, and field support. You will work and learn in an engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
* Minimum 4 years of relevant professional Software development experience
* Experience with C, C++, or JAVA
* Experience with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development Methodologies
* U.S. Citizenship and current SECRET Clearance are required.
* Exposure to Model Driven Development
* Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), embedded programming, processor/board architecture and design
* Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
* Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
* Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
Required Education (including major):
* Must have a BS / BA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
Desired Education (including major):
* MS / MA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
Why Choose Raytheon
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We support career development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
One of the top ten "Best Companies for Women to Work" by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
Among the "Best Places to Launch a Career" by Business Week magazine
A "Top 50 Employer" by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raytheoncompany
143072BR 143072 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.