Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services
At Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, IIS provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon IIS engineering team!
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic Senior Software Engineer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the Raytheon IIS team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Working in a team environment to design, code, test, document and deliver new/modified functionality
* Coordinating with developers, testers, configuration management and system engineering to ensure successful integration with other software components.
* At least 4 years of work related experience
* Proficiency in the Java or C/C++ computer programming language on a Unix/Linux platform
* 2-3 years of experience using a high level object oriented programming language
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl
* Experience with analysis and debugging of operational systems
* Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, Team Foundation Server (TFS))
* Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDE's)
* Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
* Ability to perform tasking within cost and schedule
* Familiarity with agile development
* Familiarity with Design Patterns (e.g. Singleton, Model View Controller, Adapter)
* Familiar with the software development lifecycle
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position
* Experience with Service-based application development
* Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase)
* Experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
* Experience with Virtual Machines (VM's)
Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or other equivalent fields.
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
139574BR 139574 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.