What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Advanced Communication Department in Marlborough Massachusetts is pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place".
Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which enable our warfighters to be successful. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
* Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing solutions to our customers worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Typical job functions for the Principal Software Engineer include:
* Participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions.
* Being responsible for some or all of a Software product, contributing as a software team member and possibly directly a small software team.
* Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, test, and field support.
* Providing guidance, coaching, and training to Junior Engineers.
* Working in an Engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
* Minimum 8 years of Professional Software development experience
* Experience with C, C++, or JAVA
* Experience with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development Methodologies
* Current Secret security clearance is required
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Exposure to Model Driven Development
* Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), embedded programming, processor/board architecture and design
* Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
* Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
* Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
* MS / MA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
* Must have a BS / BA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
Why Choose Raytheon:
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We support career development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
* One of the top ten "Best Companies for Women to Work" by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
* Among the "Best Places to Launch a Career" by Business Week magazine
* A "Top 50 Employer" by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raytheoncompany
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.