PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a founding member of the platform engineering team that will be responsible for the initial buildout and continuous improvement of the PAX software platform supporting the PAX Mobile App and systems supporting our ERA pod brand partner network. The work will involve a considerable amount of new service development as we add innovative features to our highly rated PAX Mobile App, and build software and data systems integration with a new breed of automated ERA pod filling machines.
As the PAX Senior Software Engineer, you will:
* Design, build and improve services that comprise the PAX software platform
* Work with small cross-functional teams including mobile and firmware engineers and participate in design discussions, decision-making and code reviews
* Implement standards and practices to improve and maintain code quality
* Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
* Assist in troubleshooting production incidents and provide timely resolution
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU:
* Familiarity with RESTful services and API design
* 5+ years hands-on back-end programming experience using Java, Scala, Python, Ruby or related languages and frameworks
* Prior experience designing and building scalable micro-services and asynchronous processing systems
* Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
* Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Knowledge of NoSQL such as AWS DynomoDB, MongoDB, Redis
* Working knowledge of GIT or similar SCM systems
* Familiarity with continuous integration and job management systems such as Jenkins
* Comfortable working in remote virtual server/systems environments such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud
* Experience running distributed Big Data/Machine Learning components at scale; Spark, Presto, Spark Streaming, Spark Mllib, H2O, Kafka or Big Query a big plus
* Must be a strong, self-motivated individual that can work with minimum day to day supervision and able to objectively rank and prioritize development work
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
* Write clear, concise and maintainable code
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related fields or demonstrable work experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
* Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401K plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Paid Parental Leave
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Cell Phone reimbursement
* Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
* Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
* Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
* Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs
PAX Labs is a company that produces loose-leaf vaporizers.