PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate Firmware Engineer to join the PAX Hardware team. With your thorough study and understanding of existing designs, you'll apply innovative engineering principles towards re-design and optimization of our hardware products. We are looking for a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a dynamic global environment. The ability to respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes is key for our Firmware team. As a PAX Firmware Engineer, you will collaborate with all engineering design disciplines including reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, and other internal and external resources. Are you a highly motivated and talented Firmware Engineer? We'd love to hear from you!
As a PAX Firmware Engineer, you will:
* Create, modify, and update code for new and existing products
* Write test specifications and procedures for firmware validation and production QA
* Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, and contract manufacturers
* Troubleshoot product failures on PCBs, power supplies, and electromechanical assemblies
* Create and execute verification and validation protocols for test fixtures, procedures, and software.
* Maintain communication and project schedules within the development team and present to senior management on project status
* Travel to support manufacturing builds
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU:
* 2+ years of relevant Firmware optimization experience in one or more of the following areas: product design, new product release, test engineering, manufacturing support
* Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable
* Firmware development experience, preferably with Github
* Software Experience - C is a requirement; Python is a plus
* Experience with embedded microcontrollers and low power devices
* Firmware design and troubleshooting experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivation, willingness to work as a team, and a strong desire to learn new skills and grow
* Ability to focus on detailed problems and a tenacity to drive issues until they are resolved
Other requirements and beneficial knowledge:
* Understanding of serial communication protocols I2C, SPI, UART (required)
* Experience working with Electrical Engineering to bring up a PCB (required)
* Knowledge of BLE (beneficial)
* Knowledge of Real-time Operating System (RTOS) (beneficial)
* Experience with sensors or other ICs communicating over SPI and/or I2C
* BS in Computer Programming or Computer Engineering, or related field. Associate's degree with significant experience will be considered. Master's degree is a plus.
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
* Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401K plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Paid Parental Leave
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Cell Phone reimbursement
* Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
* Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
* Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
* Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs
PAX Labs is a company that produces loose-leaf vaporizers.