PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to build hardware connected mobile applications. Our ideal candidate has a passion for building Bluetooth-enabled mobile applications for iOS, has experience leading and mentoring software engineers and can make the best use of the latest technologies, services, and software development processes available to deliver sleek, functional and exciting mobile experiences for our customers.
Are you a self-motivated engineer who can tackle interesting challenges head-on? Do you enjoy the camaraderie and collaborative nature of the startup life? We'd love to hear from you.
As the PAX Senior iOS Engineer,
* You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
* You will collaborate with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
* You will collaborate with hardware/firmware engineering, product design, marketing, customer support and e-commerce teams on new feature development and app roadmap
* You'll get to work on an app that's written almost entirely in Swift
* You will conduct code reviews and ensure high-quality releases
* You will champion iOS at PAX - educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
A BIT ABOUT WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* You have 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of iOS app development experience
* You love Swift and have been working in the language for at least 2 years
* You have a passion for making features that are delightful, useful, and easy to use
* You strive to master any technology, language, or development environment that is needed or useful
* You have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in you code, commits and pull requests
* You're a fast learner, can contribute from day one, and can bring good opinions to the table
* You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and communicate about what you're doing with your coworkers
A bit about things it would be nice for you to have:
* Data driven mindset
* Automated testing experience
* Familiarity with iOS Bluetooth Low Energy communication APIs
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
* Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401K plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Paid Parental Leave
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Cell Phone reimbursement
* Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
* Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
* Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
* Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs
PAX Labs is leading the reinvention of the smoking experience with its premium vaporizers