About the Job:
This position will offer the opportunity to develop software that runs one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for creating highly inventive solutions for our networking challenges and for our clients, driving more and more traffic on the Internet, making it more reliable, secure and faster.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable and highly motivated working with C / C++ code bases involving 100,000s lines of very complex multi-threaded networking code. You take pride in writing readable, maintainable, and highly reliable code. In fact, software engineering and coding are a form of art for you. The ability to clearly communicate your ideas and feedback is a must. You are willing and able to work very closely with many other teams inside the company such as the kernel, performance, distributed data collection, and QA teams.
About the Team:
Web Performance Proxy Server team is responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to improve their web presence and transactions over the web. Akamai has built a massive global distributed network that can solve problems at a scale that few others can approach. By leveraging our deployment of servers around the world, we can uniquely solve technology problems with innovative solutions that exceed the fundamental limitations of networking.
* Create new features from scratch, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionality, from conception and design through testing and deployment
* Comfortable present your designs to fellow engineers and review boards
* Work with our development QA and system QA teams to come up with regression tests that cover new changes to our software
* Work with our 3rd level engineering support to troubleshoot complex problems in our network for our customers
Required Education and Experience:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
* Relevant experience and a PhD
* 5+ years writing multi-threaded C++ code
* 5+ years of experience developing software in Unix/Linux environments
* 3+ years working with Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP/IP, and HTTP
* 1+ years working with security protocols such as TLS
* Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Industry experience writing code for large scale distributed products
* Experience with high availability and/or asynchronous environments
* Very strong communication and organizational skills
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, motivated, creative, confident, and a quick learner
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.