SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JAVA & SALESFORCE/APEX)
The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in architecting, developing, and maintaining own the SaaS services for ReachLocal with a focus on order processing and payment processing applications. Working closely with stakeholders and implementation teams, the candidate will lead the development for the product roadmap.
* Design and build REST and SOAP APIs for use both internally and by our partners
* Play a key role in the architecture and implementation of technology initiatives within the organization.
* Evangelize best practices to the engineering, product, and QA teams
* Work with project management, finance, and other engineering teams to meet project expectations and deadlines
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent degree in technology-related studies; Master's in technology-related field preferred
* 7-10 years of experience
* Practical experience designing and building highly scalable enterprise software systems in the Java Platform with the Spring Framework.
* Passionate about modernizing existing application code and infrastructure and improving security
* Experience with RDBMS concepts and SQL.
* Experience with RESTful Web Services.
* Experience working with Git/GitHub.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and interpersonal skills.
* Experience integrating with SalesForce APEX is a plus.
* Experience with DevOps infrastructures and AWS is a plus.
* Some experience with Angular is a plus.
* Familiarity with PHP (PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Zend, etc.) is a plus.
* Experience architecting real-time, high-volume, high-performance, and multi-threaded systems
* Experience with design patterns, test-driven, and object-oriented-driven development techniques
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Technical curiosity coupled with excellent analysis and design skills
* Passionate about introducing practices, processes, techniques, and skills that will further enhance the ability of our teams to stay focused on meeting our objectives
* Continuous drive to learn current and emerging Open Source technologies and trends.
Are you looking for a company that values innovation, passion, and a healthy work/life balance? A job where you feel supported and appreciated? At ReachLocal, we know our employees drive success, and we strive to create a thriving company culture where you'll enjoy coming to work every day.
Here, you can walk through the halls and bump into our CEO, catch an inter-office ping pong tournament, or support a local cause with your fellow employees. Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google's Quality Account Champion in North America and Google's Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
* Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
* Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
* Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
* Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
ReachLocal is a provider of online marketing solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises.