About the Opportunity:
As a member of DevOps Team, DevOps Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining:
* an active continuous integration environment
* system configurations as code (infrastructure as code)
* support pre-production and production applications at scale
The ideal DevOps Engineer has experience in running automated production infrastructure in the cloud, such as AWS. Technology is an ever-changing field and we would like someone to help us through the change in DevOps. The position offers opportunities for building and designing a modern, automated platform in the cloud, spanning across multiple regions around the globe and supporting multiple application development teams.
About Your Responsibilities:
* Implement common infrastructure for the company in the cloud
* Work on migration of applications from on-premise hardware to the cloud
* Be on the front lines in pushing through rigorous testing and tracking key metrics
* Interface with other teams to maintain best practices in cloud security and automation
* Drive to discover and implement the most effective options
* 2 years experience of running and maintaining production infrastructure
* Able to write code in Python, Ruby, or similar language as an application developer
* Knowledge of best practices and experience with configuration management (puppet, salt, chef, cfengine, etc.)
* Experience of running and maintaining automated CI/CD pipeline
* Experience with dependency management and project configuration (maven, ant, composer, etc.)
* Have experience of running and maintaining automated production infrastructure in AWS or other cloud provider
* Have experience in migrating of large systems from data centers to cloud
* Have experience with running container management systems (k8s, Mesosphere, ECS) in production
* Have a clear understanding of information security concepts and best practices
* Have working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot networks: routing, subnets, ACLs, site-to-site tunnels
* Have a working knowledge of agile/scrum processes
* Strong team player who can build relationships within the organization
* Have the ability to thrive in a high-energy, high-growth, fast-paced environment Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills
* Have excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
* Hands-on; completes tasks and is dependable
* Innovative, with excellent analysis, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work independently or a team environment
* A strong desire to dive into technical challenges
* Above all, ethical, fair and of high integrity
Are you looking for a company that values innovation, passion, and a healthy work/life balance? A job where you feel supported and appreciated? At ReachLocal, we know our employees drive success, and we strive to create a thriving company culture where you'll enjoy coming to work every day.
Here, you can walk through the halls and bump into our CEO, catch an inter-office ping pong tournament, or support a local cause with your fellow employees. Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google's Quality Account Champion in North America and Google's Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
* Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
* Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
* Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
* Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
ReachLocal is a provider of online marketing solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises.