Does working with real-time streams of billions of events every day excite you? Are you passionate about creating fault-tolerant services that function at scale while working with cutting edge technologies in a cloud native micro services world?
Adobe Experience Cloud is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to architect and build the next-generation Experience Cloud Development Framework Telemetry services and tools that will drive innovative problem detection and determination services and tools for containerized microservices, scalable secure storage, elastic compute and search infrastructure. We are looking for innovative and passionate software engineers with a strong interest in building low latency, high performance systems. You'll be joining an existing team of very talented engineers. You should have practical experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant microservices for scale and high availability. You are someone who is highly passionate about monitoring and measuring services that you build.
What you will do:
* Create software services, tools and user experiences that form the foundation of the Experience Cloud Framework
* Design, build, improve and maintain high performance and highly scalable services for our solution partners and developer communities
* Collaborate with architects, product management and other engineering teams to create solutions that increase value
* Interface with multiple teams across Adobe to help them meet their requirements and leverage our services
* Create technical specifications, prototypes and presentations to communicate your ideas.
* Lead the technical design, vision and implementation strategy for services and components for the team
* Work hands-on developing, testing and delivering software components for the product
* Manage code and test frameworks from development through deployment, support and maintenance
* Champion observability concepts and best practices across the organization
* Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
* Be a technical leader with the ability and desire to mentor other members of the team
* Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
Technologies we work with:
* Java, Node.js
* Azure Data Explorer, CosmosDB
* Docker, Grafana
What you will need to succeed:
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree (M.S. is a plus)
* 8+ years of experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications
* Expert in a serve language (Java/Node.js)
* Experience in end to end design and implementation near-real-time stream processing services and infrastructure
* Proven expertise in principles of REST and building RESTful services
* You are proficient in developing credibility and strong partnerships with partner technical teams
* Have a good sense of organization to set expectations and keep deliverables on a timeline, with the ability to document, communicate and justify all technology decisions and directions
* You will need a deep understanding of modern cloud technologies and design patterns for building "always-up" services
* Familiarity with monitoring systems like NewRelic, Grafana, etc.
* Strong candidates will be contributors to open source projects
* You have familiarity developing in cloud environments like Microsoft Azure or AWS
* You practice and preach writing test-driven reusable code that is easy to maintain and well documented.
* Experience with technical operations and CI/CD practice for large scale cloud services
* Familiarity with Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes or other containerization technologies
* Unending curiosity, tenacity and focus on quickly designing and building complex software systems and solving customer problems
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* You are proficient with Git
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.