Do you want to help lead the cloud workstation revolution? Are you passionate about building great software that is deceptively simple, robust, reliable and fast?
The Azure Lab Services team delivers a fast growing, Azure service that helps drive development organizations to move to the cloud by providing a streamlined, self-service, and cost optimized solution. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to help us take the next step in our evolution by delivering a standalone SaaS service that delivers high quality cloud workstations to developers, knowledge workers, and students on-demand.
You can find out more about DevTest Labs here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/devtest-lab/ and Classroom offering here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/lab-services/
* 7+ years experience in software design and development of scalable software platforms, with at least 5 years in distributed services environment
* 3+ years' experience in full stack development
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or another technical discipline
* Passion for customers and ability to crystalize customer requirements into efficient designs
* Proven track record of designing and delivering complex, scalable and reliable services end to end
* Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
* Strong problem solving and communication skills, self-driven and long-term strategic thinker
* Development of REST APIs and SDKs
* Frameworks for 3rd party development
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are passionate about every detail of the end user experience. This includes simplicity of function, automation, performance, reliability and security. The right candidate for this role will be motivated to build great software that meets these challenges at cloud scale.
If you feel comfortable with ambiguity of startup projects, are a super collaborator, and highly skilled in design and implementation of full stack microservices, come talk with us.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.