Do you enjoy being the first one to try out a new technology? Are you passionate about developing apps and experiences that millions of customers will use and love? Would you embrace the opportunity to develop open source tools that support the web development community? If so, we would love for you to join us.
This team works with developers and companies in the ecosystem to build web experiences - from web apps to Progressive Web Apps to Hybrid apps - that runs great across Windows 10 and the next version of Microsoft Edge. We work on the cutting-edge of the Web and of devices to make sure developers have all the tools and resources they need to build great experiences. We support the web community through open source projects, co-development with partners, and evangelism to the web developer community.
We are a team of web developers working together in a highly collaborative, high paced, and supportive environment. We are looking for a developer with strong front-end web skills whose creativity can deliver innovative experiences. If you enjoy working on something new every day, then this job is for you.
Key requirements include:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* At least 3 years of experience in Web application development.
* Strong front-end Web development skills and familiarity with web frameworks like Vue.js, Angular or React.js
* A propensity to think outside the box and approach problems in new ways
* A familiarity with Microsoft Web products and technologies (and desire for deeper learning)
* Objective C, Swift or Java development for mobile devices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key responsibilities include:
* Working with developers to build Web apps, PWAs and hybrid apps for Windows and cross-platform.
* Contributing to open source projects that move the web and PWAs forward
* Prototyping applications with cutting-edge features and experiences
* Working across teams to build first class products.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.