Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking to hire senior researchers to join our Innovation team at our downtown Chicago location.
Our team works on a diverse set of data and systems including accident data, location data, computer vision, mobility data, demographics, and deep learning tools to create safety solutions, and cutting-edge risk assessing platforms. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of some of the world's leading experts to build solutions that are not only groundbreaking, but also helps make driving safer and save lives.
The Senior Researcher will develop novel models, algorithms and techniques that can leverage both structured and semi-structured data to solve tough problems like Accident avoidance and risk prediction for traditional insurance products. He/she will also assist in efforts to evaluate, extract, scrub/prep, analyze and visualize a host of internal and external datasets using machine learning and statistical analysis and communicate to various stakeholders across and outside the company.
* Understand the technical problem and solution space, explore analytical and experimentation approach to create solution proof points.
* Conduct collaborative research with outside partners, including leading Universities and strategic business partners. Investigate technology trends, industry advancements and application of those technologies within our solution set. A strong passion for empirical research is a necessary trait.
* Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from academic researchers, senior data scientists, Developers, Dev Ops, Hardware engineers, and Product managers.
* Present findings and publish papers on enterprise specific topics at meetings and conferences.
* Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions to share insights from research, software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience on a periodic basis.
* Develop models, algorithms, processing approaches for business solutions and product development.
* Master's or PhD in computer science or a highly quantitative discipline.
* Advanced knowledge of computer vision, modeling, machine learning, deep learning, designing algorithms, and cloud computing to support high volume and low latency-sensitive data.
* Mastery of at least one of the following languages: R, Python and Scala.
* Knowledge of advanced data processing/real time systems using tools such as Spark, Flume, Kafka and Akka.
* Proficiency in statistical methods and analysis including a deep understanding of regression and classification techniques.
* 7 to 12 years of experience in a research field
* Proficiency in SQL and database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from relational DBs and big data platforms.
* Proficiency with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations, reports, web content, or education materials.
* Background as an actuary or in insurance price/loss modeling is a big plus.
* Experience related to ADAS, vehicle systems, and mobility is a plus but not necessary.
* Experience in predictive model development, machine learning (MLlib, Mahout) and visualization tools of complex data.
* Experience in publishing Academic papers and filing patents is also a plus.
Allstate Insurance Company provides insurance services.