Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
About the team:
The Engineering Productivity team is at the forefront of adopting new tools & techniques for the entire Xandr engineering community. We're hands-on agents of change who exemplify and create the next wave of best practices. We're highly collaborative and our highest values include quality, scalability, automation, and team work.
Because Xandr has a very fast-paced software development lifecycle, we're on the hunt for a Test Engineer to play a critical role in driving and automating the quality of Xandr features, functions, products and platforms. The Test Engineer will be responsible for driving all automated test and quality activities within a strategic software development team.
About the job:
The day to day will entail working on test tools and frameworks to ensure they're seamlessly adapted by any developer on the team. Our Test Engineers drive quality within the team by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels (unit tests, integration, performance, end to end, security, etc.) and creating/implementing test tools to make testing as efficient as possible. Also:
* Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop a comprehensive Test Plan that validates product functionality.
* Develop automated tests using Gherkin and Selenium following defined best practices.
* Develop and execute tests at all levels of the testing pyramid.
* Triage and resolve automated test failures with product engineers directly.
* Build automated testing frameworks (unit and integration).
* Drive adoption of CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment.
* Be a critical participant in the defect management process.
* Use root cause analysis of bugs to determine appropriate test coverage.
* Become a champion and educator of testing best practices.
* Evangelize the importance of testing, especially unit testing, within Xandr.
About your skills and experience:
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent in a technical field of study OR relevant work experience in Software Development or Automated Software Testing
* A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle SDLC and its related methodologies
* Automation experience with Selenium or similar tools
* Experience building automated testing frameworks or writing Gherkin test scripts.
* Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deploy.
* Experience with versioning and ticketing tools (GIT and Jira preferred)
* Demonstrated ability to use RESTful APIs, use databases, and develop SQL queries
* Familiarity with Kubernetes and understanding of core Kubernetes concepts (Deployment, Pod, ConfigMap, Secret) is nice to have
* Excellent communication (both written and oral) skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Experience working cross functionally with multiple stakeholders, engineers and management.
* Solid organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
More about you:
* You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
* You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
* You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
* You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
* Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
* Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
* Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women's Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
* Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women's advancement in tech
* Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
Job ID 1930492 Date posted 06/12/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.