Principal System Engineer - AT&T Public Cloud Infrastructure &Technology
AT&T Public Cloud Architecture Team is seeking strong candidates for Principal-System Engineer position to provide deep technical consultation and solution engineering expertise in support of ATT applications migrating to Public Cloud Service Providers (such as Azure, AWS, Google Compute Platform, etc.).
The Public Cloud Architecture Team provides technical guidance and reusable patterns for connectivity design, refactoring/redesigning application workloads to be cloud native, and properly leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) & Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions offered by cloud providers.
The individual will be responsible for delivering secure, robust, reusable, repeatable patterns to enable application teams to efficiently migrate their workloads to third party public cloud.The patterns must demonstrate how to implement cloud native solutions at the lowest possible annual recurring cost. The individual will also be responsible for creating and maintaining technology roadmaps, contributing to the creation of best practices and providing technical architecture support to application teams migrating to cloud native architectures.
* Develop and document architecture patterns and best practices to address data protection and security needs while taking advantage of cloud native technologies and PaaS capabilities
* Create and document reusable components necessary for efficient and scalable application migration to public cloud
* Produce documentation and training for architecture patterns and best practices in the form of podcasts, white papers, design artifacts, presentations and other formats
* Provide architecture oversight for key cloud initiatives across AT&T
* Provide technical consultation to application teams migrating to public cloud based on joint assessment of existing application technology and deployment model
* Create proof-of-concept solutions using native cloud provider technologies and demonstrate capabilities to application teams
* Drive cloud vendor and SaaS vendor roadmaps to meet AT&T network, data protection and security requirements
* Work closely with AT&T Chief Security Office team to ensure that patterns and best practices meet the high security standards within AT&T
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
* 8-10 years of relevant work experience to include systems/software engineering and/or systems/software architecture
* Deep understanding of at least two cloud providers among AWS, Azure, GCP and IBM Cloud with a minimum of two years of demonstrable applied experience
* Hands on experience with networking (i.e. VPC, DX, Private Link, Peering, etc.), IAM, IaaS, PaaS, Storage, Container technology, etc.
* Applied experience with implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in a third party cloud computing environment such as Azure, AWS, GCP or related cloud technology
* At least 5 years of experience building application software, platforms or systems
* At least 5 years of experience in software/systems architecture including domain models, logical models, deployment models and end-to-end solution architecture
* Migration experience moving on premise applications to cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP Cloud)
* Excellent working knowledge of virtualization technologies and concepts
* Deep knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, especially Software Defined Networking (SDN) used by cloud platforms
* Must understand the OSI 7-layer networking model and how that applies to real world problems associated with basic connectivity, IP addressing, routing, BGP, load balancing, TLS, Certificates, DNS and other complex and integrated networking topics
* Experience integrating automated testing, CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
* Effective written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills
* Ability to work with both technical and business-oriented teams
* Experience with SAFe Agile, Agile Release Trains or strong aptitude to work in agile environment
* At least one advanced Architect or DevOps Engineering certification from either AWS, Azure or GCP
* Applied experience with Microservices, container-based platforms and related deployment technologies to include Kubernetes, Docker and Serverless Functions
* Working knowledge of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) Storage options and trade-offs including Amazon S3, EBS, EFS, VM local, Glacier, etc. and Azure ADLS file, table and blob store as well as VM local and block storage options
* Implementation with Cloud monitoring and logging to include Prometheus, ELK, Logstash well as native cloud functionality including Amazon CloudTrail and Cloud Watch and/or Azure Log Analytics.
* Applied cloud load balancing design using NGINX, HAProxy, Squid Proxy and CSP-based technologies including AWS Load Balancing or Azure Load Balancer.
* Private network connectivity implementation experience including Azure Express Route and AWS Direct Connect
* Expertise and proficiency in security implementation best practices using cloud native offerings to include Azure Application (ASGs) and Network Security Groups (NSGs), Managed Azure Security, Azure Key Vault, Amazon EC2 Security Groups, AWS Shield, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service and Amazon Macie.
Job ID 1917507-1 Date posted 06/17/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.