The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data and voice services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area. In support of these services, the Voice Engineer provides voice engineering, with a focus on voice/real-time communications.
This Voice Engineer provides project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes, but is not limited to day-to-day O&M escalation support, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves, adds, changes (MACs) working closely with the TWD Project Management Organization (PMO) Data/Voice Lead Engineer. Cisco voice experience will be considered in lieu of limited Avaya experience, but significant Avaya experience is required.
Description of Daily Duties:
* Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
* Works closely with PMO Data/Voice Lead and TWD Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
* Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
* Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
* Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
* Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
* Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
* Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities;
* Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
* Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
* Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
* Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
* Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
* Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
* Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
* Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
* Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya, but particularly Avaya)
Required Clearance: SECRET (S) clearance with the ability to obtain TS and/or TS/SCI.
Desired: one or more of the following certifications are desired but not required
* Experience with SolarWinds
* CCNP Voice and/or Data - Cisco Certified Network Professional
* CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
* Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
* Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
* Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
* Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time; occasional after-hours support may be required for planned/unplanned events
U.S Citizenship Required
Travel Required: Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1929398 Date posted 06/11/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.