TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
* Ensure successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle
* Assist in the execution of high level development activities
* This position calls for a highly motivated, knowledgeable and talented software engineer to design and develop software components within the Industrial Controls and Automation industry.
* Responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality
* Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing and other support groups.
* Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements
* Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organization's intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
* Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
* Execute well-defined discrete development tasks
* Support and promote productivity and efficiency within the Development Team.
* Mentor intern software engineers
* Must be authorized to work in the US
* Requires a bachelor's of science degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 10-12 years of experience and expertise in software coding (C/C++), developing embedded software in C/C++, and programming knowledge of Linux OS and Python.
* Programming knowledge of Microsoft MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class)
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Exposure to the principals of Industrial Protocols, Platforms and APIs: OPC (DA & UA), Profibus, Profinet, Modbus (RTU, TCP, Enron), SQL, ODBC, EtherIP, etc.
* Exposure to serial communication protocols (I2C, RS-485, RS-232, CAN, SPI)
* Exposure to networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP), wired interfaces (Ethernet, USB), and wireless interfaces (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cell, Satellite)
* Exposure to industry standard embedded design and debugging tools (JTAG, protocol analyzers, emulators)
* Exposure to Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change management, automated builds, and coding standards)
* Exposure to developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes
* Lifting required when assembling or moving test equipment occasionally. Walking up stairs to 2nd floor offices.
* Must possess skills, self-discipline, and initiative to work independently with minimal supervision and know when to ask for help or clarification
* Must be a team player in terms of addressing company goals and working with resource people and managers crucial to the success of each project
* Must be able to comply with established and evolving procedures, perform directed functions for which procedures may not exist, and, when appropriate, create and document new procedures
* Ability to perform work requiring detailed accuracy
* Strong prioritization, scheduling, and multiple-tasking abilities necessary
* Able to flex to the demands of the organization for rapidly changing workloads, job assignments, and urgent deadlines
* Action-oriented and solution-minded is a must
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
TechnipFMC provides technologies, systems and services for oil and gas projects worldwide.