The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Intern will work with TechnipFMC's line of state-of-the-art control system technology. The role will participate in the development and execution of the software quality assurance program. As an intern you will work with SQA engineers to test code at both the user and debug level, using a wide variety of tools. Collaboration will be with Product Development Engineers and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features. SQA Engineers also work with groups such as Customer Support and Operations to understand usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments along with regression tests to improve our internal software testing procedures for all our software products. As the last touchpoint before the customer gets the software, the SQA engineer is responsible for making sure that it meets its requirements.
As an intern you will be exposed to a mature product platform and join us in learning how to improve quality and efficiency through state of the art technologies. You will work within an experienced Software Quality Assurance team, and collaborate with SQA engineers, software developers and project engineers
POSITION MAIN CHALLENGES
Understand the details within the software product and develop efficient methodologies for testing and certifying the product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Partner with engineers to learn to design and perform execution of test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
* Develop system, functional, integration, regression and performance tests and procedures
* Work with, and troubleshoot on Linux and Windows Server operative systems
* Work with, and troubleshoot wired and wireless industrial networks and protocols
* Work with hardware such as computers, instrumentation, I/O modules, routers and other electronics
* Support in testing of new product features in both software and hardware
* Support in certifying products towards new operative environments
* Perform initial debug activities by reviewing system behavior, configuration, logs, and other information to determine and quantify the nature of the problem
* Conduct the execution of regression tests
* Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality
* Experience with software development and network communication, preferred.
* Experience with troubleshooting complex issues involving multiple interrelated systems using various tools (error logging and analysis tools), preferred.
* Actively pursuing Bachelor's Degree in related field such as Cybernetics, Mechatronics, Electrical, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent. Sophomore level or above preferred.
* Proactive in communicating barriers to success to peers, project team members, stakeholders and supervisor
* Highly organized individual capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment and support a variable work flow
* Demonstrates the highest personal and ethical standards
* Prioritize tasks and focus on the most important one
* Self-motivated, capable of making decisions on the spot, desirous of solving problems, and knowing when to get assistance
* Demonstrated ability to set and exceed goals, and manage multiple deadlines
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with control system programming and tools, i.e. function blocks and ladder programming, HMI design, database design, reporting, etc.
* Experience with simulation software in testing
* C++ coding experience
* Database/SQL knowledge
* Experience with test and script systems for tracking and automation, i.e. TestRail, Jira, TFS, Visual Studio, SikuliX, AutoIT, preferred.
* Experience with usage and management of continuous integration systems
* Experience with setup and management of virtual machines and services on Azure, Amazon, Centurylink or others
* Have a drive for automation and how to increase efficiency in daily tasks
* Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak.
* Frequent need for manual dexterity - using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pulls, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
* Regularly required to sit & stand for long periods of time
* Regularly required to work in a control system laboratory and manufacturing environment
* Frequent use of PC is required
* Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment as needed in safety zone areas
TechnipFMC provides technologies, systems and services for oil and gas projects worldwide.