TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
* Ensure successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle
* Assist in the execution of high level development activities
* This position calls for a highly motivated, knowledgeable and talented software engineer to design and develop software components within the Industrial Controls and Automation industry.
* Responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality
* Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing and other support groups.
* Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements
* Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organization's intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
* Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
* Execute well-defined discrete development tasks
* Support and promote productivity and efficiency within the Development Team.
* Mentor intern software engineers
* Must be authorized to work in the US
* Requires a bachelor's of science degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 10-12 years of experience and expertise in software coding (C/C++), developing embedded software in C/C++
* Working knowledge of Microsoft MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class)
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Exposure to the principals of Industrial Protocols, Platforms and APIs: OPC (DA & UA), Profibus, Profinet, Modbus (RTU, TCP, Enron), SQL, ODBC, EtherIP, etc.
* Exposure to serial communication protocols (I2C, RS-485, RS-232, CAN, SPI)
* Exposure to networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP), wired interfaces (Ethernet, USB), and wireless interfaces (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cell, Satellite)
* Exposure to industry standard embedded design and debugging tools (JTAG, protocol analyzers, emulators)
* Exposure to Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change management, automated builds, and coding standards)
* Exposure to developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes
* Lifting required when assembling or moving test equipment occasionally. Walking up stairs to 2nd floor offices.
* Must possess skills, self-discipline, and initiative to work independently with minimal supervision and know when to ask for help or clarification
* Must be a team player in terms of addressing company goals and working with resource people and managers crucial to the success of each project
* Must be able to comply with established and evolving procedures, perform directed functions for which procedures may not exist, and, when appropriate, create and document new procedures
* Ability to perform work requiring detailed accuracy
* Strong prioritization, scheduling, and multiple-tasking abilities necessary
* Able to flex to the demands of the organization for rapidly changing workloads, job assignments, and urgent deadlines
* Action-oriented and solution-minded is a must
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
TechnipFMC is a global energy service company with a portfolio of solutions for the production and transformation of hydrocarbons.