The Microsoft Applied Sciences Group (ASG), a nimble startup group within Microsoft, seeks a candidate to help drive the delivery of new products that demonstrate the power of combined hardware and software innovation. We offer a unique opportunity to define, own, and build, from start to finish, an experience that will delight and touch the lives of millions of users and offer you rich challenges to solve along the way.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* 7+ years of demonstrable software development experience.
* End to end project development experience.
* Passion for devices and IoT.
* Bonus: Experience developing embedded systems firmware and device drivers.
Startups need team members that can wear many hats at different times. You are technical, passionate, able to pivot, able to lead and inspire, charged by solving large, complex problems, ready to roll up your sleeves and a blast to work with. As a research developer in ASG, you will use software and firmware to build new technologies for user experiences on a new class of devices and accessories. You will build prototypes then dogfood them in order to investigate and demonstrate the feasibility of these new concepts.
In this position, you must be able to:
* Write correct and efficient C/C++ code, for various desktop, cloud and embedded platforms.
* Specify, describe, and track these systems in ways that support collaboration with others in and outside of our group, with potential handoff to product organization.
* Understand Windows UWP architecture and building production quality C++/C# apps.
* Independently design and defend high quality user experiences that delight our customers.
* Be comfortable with a fast paced environment and a high level of ambiguity.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.