Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you. In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
* Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
* Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
* Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
* One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
* Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
In Microsoft Services, we help businesses around the world to accelerate the power of Microsoft products and technologies. Working with 60,000 partners worldwide on some of the largest and most complex technological challenges around, we provide technical consulting and support services to 54 million customers. Across Enterprise Services and Customer Support Services, we have a global team of 10,000 professionals in 88 countries, and we draw on the full resources of the Microsoft organization worldwide.
We are looking for a self-motivated, fast learning Technical Advisor who enjoys working in an agile environment. Must have strong customer handling skills, passion for technology and excellent technical coaching skills. This person will be working with our existing SQL BI and ETL technologies as well as the new SQL Server services. Come join the SQL BI Support team to help deliver the best in class customer service for the BI and ETL products that will disrupt and transform the market! If you're looking for big technical challenges, career-growth potential, awesome teammates and a revolutionary product, then BI is the right place for you!
The Technical Advisor is a trusted advisor to IT Professionals, you will have influence over a broad range of solutions that create business value for our customers. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the customer's perception of value of the Microsoft solution. You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems for the some of the world's largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry.
* 5+ years' experience in a customer facing role.
* 5+ years' in one or more of the following:
* SQL Server or an equivalent database product.
* Microsoft (SSIS or MDS or DQS) or Competitive Database or ETL Products.
* Experience with SQL network connectivity.
* Experience working in a complex troubleshooting and problem-solving role, working in a corporate team environment preferred.
* Strong knowledge of Windows or other operating systems preferred.
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Must have flexibility to support the team on a weekend day as needed.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
* Coach and mentor Front Line engineers to deliver exceptional customer service.
* Act internally as a customer advocate.
* Guide peer team and internal teams to ensure are Empowering, Helping and Advising customers
* Focus on readiness and technical triage/training creation and delivery.
* Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues. Collaborates with other Technical Advisors and escalation resources when appropriate.
Responsible for managing a relationship with customers including thoroughly documenting case work, driving the quickest resolution possible to the customer's issues.
* Solve highly complex level of escalated problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product line.
* Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations with your front line engineers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.