Are you passionate about creating new devices and experiences? The Surface Team is defining the next generation of products to engage and delight our customers. We're looking for a talented program manager who will collaborate across disciplines to drive SWFW planning, implementation and integration.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management or other engineering discipline defining, driving, and shipping products through multiple ship cycles.
* Held responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, project schedules and building plans to deliver.
* Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven.
* Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills.
* Solid critical thinking and questioning skills.
* Outstanding track record of accomplishing results in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively across boundaries and influencing other teams
* Excellent communication skills
* High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others.
* Experience with hardware design is a plus.
* Experience with hardware partner development is a plus.
* CS Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience, Master Degree is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drive SWFW program for a device program
* Drive definition of SWFW requirements, dependencies, work breakdowns, implementation plans and SW integration planning across all disciplines
* Collaborate with silicon vendor as well as OS and Apps teams to drive E2E SW program planning
* Define SW schedule for the device program
* Drive the execution and delivery using common engineering tools, triage, tracking and reporting aligning to product milestones.
* Drive SWFW planning for device program HW builds and work with MTE and Factory teams to ensure SW bring-up and enablement of HW builds
* Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly.
* Organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business, and senior management.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.