It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Everyone loves to get paid! Imagine being part of a team that provides a seamless payroll experience for millions worldwide. Are you an experienced software application developer? Does being part of a dynamic team of engineers and seasoned industry experts invigorate you?
We may have the right opportunity for you.
At Workday, we bring passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We believe in teamwork. We encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. We work hard while remembering to enjoy life. Employee satisfaction, innovation, and fun are built into our core values.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing.
We have an immediate opening on the North America Payroll Development team for a Senior Software Application Engineer. In this role, you would build and expand Workday's top-of-the-line, cloud-based, payroll solution using an object-oriented, metadata-driven design, using in-memory computing technology to solve complex, large-scale business problems.
Working with product management, quality assurance, and documentation professionals in an agile environment, you will own functionality end-to-end: from design to implementation to deployment and production. You will be challenged to innovative and make payroll processing easier, faster, and more effortless for our customers.
You may be a great fit if:
* You appreciate business applications that are straightforward and easily configurable.
* You care about performance from the user's perspective.
* You think in terms of business value.
* You agree that design patterns are the key to building effective software systems.
* You are disciplined about designing tests before you write code.
* You have experience working on applications in a financial discipline, or you feel strongly about building domain expertise.
Required Experience and skills:
* BS degree with 5+ years of experience with enterprise web application development or SaaS (Software as a Service).
* Object-oriented design skills, and proficiency in Java, C#, or any other OO language.
* Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
* Technical leadership.
* Agile development methodologies.
* Collaboration, including strong oral and written communication skills.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.