Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday's Authentication and Authorization development organization is looking for talented individuals to take our authentication and data security infrastructure to new heights. Workday supports and promotes a variety of authentication standards. Once authenticated, access to data, reports and services is controlled by Workday's configurable security model, which flexibly enables different data access levels for different data consumers within the system.
You love testing highly dynamic software and pushing it to the max and beyond for strength and resilience. You are happily challenged when faced with solving complex problems. You love digging deep into the product to find its breaking points. You love the "aha!" moment when you find the repro to a bug.
* Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
* Clearly understand the components that compose the product solution
* Create test plans and test cases for assigned components
* Execute and automate test cases and perform bug tracking and management
* Contribute in building a flexible and scalable automation solution
* Work closely with the design team to help create an amazing user experience
* Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
* Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments
* Own the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and be willing to hold the release... even when it's not the popular decision
* Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers
* Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
* Own the release
* Be a customer advocate.
* A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
* Eager to learn from peers
* Strong Java programming skills.
* Experience testing distributed systems
* Experience testing enterprise applications
* Proponent of Strong Quality Engineering methodology.
* Strong database skills (SQL)
* Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
* Strong scripting skills (Python/Perl/Shell)
* Strong Unix skills (Ubuntu/Red Hat)
* Experience building automation frameworks
* Comfortable with ambiguity and taking the initiative regarding issues and decisions
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
* Understanding database internals and query processing
* Authentication and Authorization experience with some of the following: LDAP, SSO, Delegated Authentication, Account Provisioning, PCI Security Standards, x509, SAML, OAuth, WS-Security, Configurable Data Security , Identity and Access Management (IAM)
* Experience with SaaS security infrastructure
* Familiarity with standard development tools and processes: source control, IDE, JUnit test, debugging, profiling, JIRA, TeamCity, Crucible, etc.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.