Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for a DevOps engineer to join the Community and Content Technology team. In this role, you'll have responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Workday's community cloud production and development systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid 'hands-on' background in deploying and managing enterprise solutions in AWS with experience in developing tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
Minimum 5 years related work experience
* Support the tools and infrastructure for build, test, release and monitoring, focusing on developer productivity, release velocity, and product quality.
* Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor services in the public cloud.
* Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage, networking software/hardware and virtual environments to support scaling against various project requirements and production demands.
* Work closely with Dev and QA teams to build and support continuous integration and deployment tooling.
* Monitor Build and Release pipelines. Follow up with appropriate teams in a timely manner to resolve issues. Analyze and automate issue detection and mitigation to avoid future occurrence.
If you can you answer YES to some of these qualifications and are looking to expand your knowledge of DevOps and AWS services, we'd love to meet you!
* Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI/CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, Cloudformation and Route 53
* Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, and HTTP.
* Experience with unit and UI testing frameworks, such as Selenium, Selenide, PHPUnit, Junit, or TestNG
* Experience with SOAPUI, Jmeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, Jconsole, and system tools vmstat/top.
* Proficiency in shell scripting and Python highly desirable.
* Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning.
* Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet in production environments with many nodes, and understanding of Linux and Windows Platforms.
* Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
* Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (AWS) and micro-services.
* Experience maintaining multiple products using CI Servers (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
* Experience with building a suite of monitoring services with engineering - at the service and application level.
* Knowledgeable about security, networking, and RDBMS/Database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, Redis).
* Strong mission to put pro-active solutions in place to prevent future problems, and automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
* Passion for creating and maintaining documentation and troubleshooting runbook.
* Passion for creating a great product, being responsible for it and collaborating closely with other engineers.
* Available for on-call support on a rotating basis.
* Team player with excellent communication skills.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.