What you'll be doing...
Are you ready to upgrade your career in security?
At Verizon we believe technology should help you achieve more. We help businesses do exactly that almost daily - co-creating innovative connected products, rapidly and securely deploying apps in the cloud, managing employee-owned devices on a global scale, and deflecting sophisticated hacker attacks. In support of our world leading position in Cyber Security, we provide support for a wide variety of security technologies.
This opportunity is to support Verizon's implementation and operational support services with an emphasis on Splunk skills. Candidates should also have good general technical security knowledge, skills, and experience with other security technologies.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Drive complex deployments of Splunk.
* Support customer engagements end-to-end to include implementation, configuration, operations, maintenance and management of Splunk/Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM)solutions.
* Provide expertise on common types of malware and infection vectors. Identify malware and infection vectors using network and host based tools. Eradicate malware and infection vectors and verify the success of eradication efforts.
* Identify, assess, and develop solutions for customer information technology security infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
* Ensure the project scope is correctly delivered and that the threat management practice requirements are defined/delivered.
* Accurately document work performed against customer requirements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Splunk products as it relates to the following:
* Operation of a Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) solution based on Splunk.
* Driving complex deployments of Splunk in an operational environment.
* Experience with data analysis, logging solutions, system/network monitoring.
* Strong knowledge of security risk procedures, security patterns, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies.
* Knowledge of current security threats and vulnerabilities, how to detect and mitigate them, ability to understand their possible consequences on the customer's environment and provide advisory to customers.
* Experience in assessing and advising clients on long and short term solutions.
* Experience creating roadmaps, conceptual designs, and transition plans.
* Leading security specific industry certifications to include one or more of the following:
* Splunk - Knowledge Manager, Admin, Architect…
* SANS - GPEN, GCIH, GREM
* Experience of preparing solution documentation using typical MS tools (Word, Excel, Visio…).
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in information security or computer science or cyber security or information technology.
* Five plus years' experience as a consultant developing enterprise level network security solutions.
* Strong leadership, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience delivering customer presentations aimed at aligning technical solutions with business value.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.