What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Application Development Manager to join the Verizon GTS Team. The candidate in this position will be responsible for end to end delivery of multiple Digital Sales and Marketing programs on the web, mobile app and cloud-based platforms for Verizon.
* Partners with various GTS and Business Stakeholders; leads Enterprise projects; and leverage his/her technical expertise, architectural knowledge, and solid communication skills to drive value for e-commerce development.
* Perform high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design etc.) related to all phases of the systems life cycle.
* Act independently, and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise.
* Evaluate and develop reliable and efficient automated solutions to fulfill complex business requirements.
* Supervise and manage the overall performance of the direct reports.
* Employee hiring, career development, succession planning, and periodic training.
* Create individual performance objectives, conducting Mid-Year and End of Year performance reviews.
* Guide, coach, motivate and mentor the individuals on the team to achieve the goals and objectives set for them.
* Responsible for contracts management and negotiations with vendors.
* Help drive strategic direction for the product development and new initiatives by collaborating with business partners (Digital Ops), network teams and GTS management to evaluate marketing requirements and determine the feasibility of implementation.
* Responsible for producing a high-quality deliverable in a timely fashion.
* Performs technical evaluation of products. Occasionally develops systems-related standards and procedures.
* Performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, staffing, scheduling as well as implementation activities.
* Responsible for analyzing and proactively managing problems and making decisions that impact overall system (s) and project (s) while acting independently.
* Evaluates develops and implements systems solutions to effectively fulfill business requirements.
* Ensures systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
* Provides quality customer service.
* Proactively communicates status reports and issues to manager.
* Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
* Work with the support team in profiling applications for potential bottlenecks such as memory leaks, performance, and capacity and applications recovery during failover.
* Support Infrastructure team for a large deployment of new applications.
* Provide time to time JVM tuning recommendations to keep applications in an efficient manner for 24x7 availability.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, Business Administration, or related discipline.
* Knowledge of sales, ecommerce, Digital experience and Retail operations.
* Experience in partnering with Business and IT teams at multiple levels to drive alignment and delivery of complex problems.
* Ability to identify opportunities, facilitate workout sessions to ideate and come up with joint cross functional solutions to improve digital experiences and streamline Omni processes.
* Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively.
* Strong experience in DevOps, Microservices, Cloud, Web and Native technologies.
* Experience in business process transformation, user experience optimization.
* Project and program delivery experience.
* Strong knowledge of technology selection, architecture, and full stack implementation.
* Experience in highly available and massively scalable ecommerce systems and services. Including experience in supporting mobile web and/ or native systems.
* Experience in troubleshooting & supporting mission critical 24X7 production systems, lead real-time high stake risk mitigation plan and drive timely decisions.
* Knowledge of iOS UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design iOS apps.
* Knowledge of Objective-C, XCode, UIKit and Interface Builder.
* Knowledge of OO design patterns.
* Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.