Senior Big Data Architect
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Big Data Architect. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Lead the architecture, strategy & design for Albertsons big data & data science platform.
* Define policies and establish standards for modeling, structuring, naming, describing, securing, and formatting data
* Lead the design and architecture for real time streaming platforms.
* Define and document data architecture for enterprise data assets, working with business and IT stakeholders throughout the enterprise
* Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions
* Undertake data modeling, sourcing, and profiling in support of specific enterprise and customer facing data driven initiatives
* Design and implement data lake, data warehouses, marts, cubes and universes to support predictive & reactive analytics strategies
* Track the technical debt and be pro-active in addressing the same by working leadership & project teams.
* Lead efforts to implement a reference data and master data management plans
* Deeply hands on and able to write production quality code as required
* Own end-to-end architecture, vision and roadmap of data applications & platforms.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 10 years of experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years of experience.
* 3 years as a data Architect in a Retail or related industry is preferred.
* Expert in fields of data quality, data profiling, data security, master data concepts, data governance, machine learning and data migration
* Experience with Azure big data & data science platform is preferred.
* Solid understanding of Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, ZooKeeper, YARN, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark Streaming and Python/Scala.
* Excellent experience in relational, NoSQL, Multi-dimensional, Columnar data modeling
* Good understanding of MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, NoSQL, Big data, and Distributed data grids.
* ML toolkits such as Spark-ML, Mahout, Azure ML, or H2O is a plus.
* Hands on experience working with the Map-reduce is desirable.
* Experience with Data Virtualization technologies is desirable
* Experience with streaming technologies is a plus.
* Experience with agile methodologies is a plus.
* Experience with data analytical tools, languages or libraries is an advantage
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is an American supermarket chain.