Do you want to be at the forefront of Microsoft's ongoing transformation to modern and personalized marketing? Are you an experienced analytics professional with a penchant for data platforms and a strong desire to partner with our analyst, data science and engineering talent to help shape our global demand and customer nurture engines?
We're seeking the following qualities in our next great hire. You are curious, creative and passionate about acquiring and organizing data to maximize business outcomes. You understand and value a healthy analytics ecosystem that supports the rapid development of a variety of data products and facilitates experimentation. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people to solve problems who also love data but may have different perspectives and needs (engineers, analysts specifically). Most of all, you like to see your efforts make a difference, you take pride in your work, are organized, communicate effectively, and you love to help others!
Does this describe you? If so, the Data Services team within Cloud Marketing would love to meet with you!
* 3+ years of experience building data models and operationalizing complex business logic in large scale, highly available data warehouses.
* 3+ years of experience applying analytical and reporting technology in Marketing, Marketing Technology management and/or Business Planning and Strategy.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or closely related field OR equivalent professional experience.
* Hands on knowledge with reporting, analytics and big data technologies (Preferably the Microsoft BI stack and cloud based big data technologies)
* Strong relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills.
* Functional knowledge of cloud computing and online services business models preferred.
* Strong problem-solving and metadata skills.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
* Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to prioritize and deliver new requirements and support existing solutions.
* An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
* Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Data Services team within C+E Marketing is looking for a driven data and analytics professional with an engineering mindset to help shape the ongoing marketing evolution using data. This role will be responsible for partnering closely with our analytics and marketing technology communities along with engineering to modernize our existing measurement and insights capabilities and processes.
We are looking for people who are passionate about reporting and data platforms, agile methodologies and systems, program management and marketing technology all revolving around the cloud. You will excel at cross team collaboration and have a history of solving tough problems in complex environments. You have strong drive for delivering quality as well as deep business, communication and technology skills that will enable your success. You will be able to translate business requirements to analytics approaches and work as part of a broader platform team designing, building and shepherding the analytical solutions through their lifecycle. This role will work across all parts of the company including the Field, Segments, BGs/Marketing, Finance, and multiple engineering teams.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.