Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Come work for Enterprise Application Services (EAS) and help shape the future of business process at Microsoft! Our team is accountable for Microsoft's internal SAP ERP suite of solutions. EAS is seeking a Software Engineer to join the HR team to drive the delivery of specific elements of our ERP capability as our organization continues to work to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Software Engineer is responsible for delivery of high quality enterprise level solutions in support of the EAS Mission. This role will represent and contribute to the engineering discipline during program/project execution via a Combined Engineering model (i.e. in partnership with other engineering teams). This includes a strong accountability regarding adherence to the Microsoft ITLC during the engineering activities and processes.
This specific Software Engineer will function heavily within the SAP platform in the HR / Payroll domains/modules. This individual will need a solid understanding of both the technology and practices used in these spaces as well as the evolution of requirements into a high-quality, sustainable, and scalable solution.
Lastly, this position is responsible for ensuring that Microsoft software engineering policies and procedures are upheld by both EAS's full time employees and suppliers through process evolution and measurability.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* 6+ years of experience in SAP HCM training and deep hands-on experience in Org Management, Personnel Administration, Time Management/Evaluation and Payroll.
* SAP HCM feature, rule and schema design and configuration experience.
* Extensive Knowledge of US Payroll processing, Off-Cycle processing, Garnishments, Postings to GL, Benefits integration, BSI.
* Ability to develop and/or debug standard and custom SAP HR ABAP programs.
* Able to work in a fast-paced Agile, DevOps environment.
* Design and test well-structured technical solutions for all types of WRICEF (Workflows, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, and Forms) objects.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member to deliver value to the customer.
* Ability to bring SAP HCM industry knowledge
* Excellent understanding of software engineering best practices
* Strong cross group collaboration abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
* Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
Preferred, not required:
* Experience with all types of interfaces, including file based and web services.
* Familiarity with SuccessFactors product suite and integration between SuccessFactors and SAP HCM.
* Familiarity with SAP and Microsoft technology integration possibilities, including Azure AD, PowerBI, IIS, Office 365
* Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, SCRUM, SAFe, or other agile methodologies.
* Familiarity with automated test practices
* Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Responsible for the execution & adherence of Software Engineering Standards
* Contribute to and drive evolution of EAS's Combined Engineering environment
* Accountable for retention of critical intellectual property
* Actively drive architecture, design and delivery work items within program/project constructs
* Foster proactive and cooperative relationships within the project/feature team
* Contribute to project/feature team documentation consistent with methodology
* Support production deployments/solutions via established DevOps model/escalation framework
* Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining flexible and scalable solutions
* Successfully complete engineering phases in conformance to program/project goals, requirements, and schedule
* Analyze applications and make necessary changes to optimize solutions
* Accurately estimate work/time required to complete tasks
* Assist with the creation of project plans
* Participate in the creation of new guidelines and procedures
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.