The Core Services Engineering group is leading the company's Digital Transformation journey. We collaborate and partner across the entire company building enterprise, reusable, scalable, end-to-end business applications. We are the first to use our own technology at enterprise scale. Our early adopter experiences, as well as best practices, offer an inside view of Microsoft, which helps inform our customers how to make our technology work for them.
CSE provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate your professional and personal life. CSE employees make global impact on hundreds of thousands of customers and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Are you looking for new challenges or to make a career move to build on your software engineering skills? Do you have the technical chops to dig in deep into technical platform, and integration technologies? Do you want to have deep engagement with enterprise customers and directly observe the impact of your work? Are you jazzed by the idea of integrating multiple MS technologies into highly strategic customer focused scenarios? Are you interested in using your design, coding, troubleshooting skills to have an impact on design, best practices?
If you answered "Yes" to these questions, the Core Platform Engineering (CPE) - BAS team is for you! The CPE -BAS team is looking for a Software Engineer Manager to help develop and deliver reusable enterprise scenarios build on Power Platform which comprises of Dynamics 365, LogicApps, PowerApps, Flow, CDS and xRM. We are looking for a person who combines passion for customer, technical aptitude, is a team player and has great coordination skills.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be personally involved in designing, configuring, implementing the business requirements and features leveraging Dynamics 365 products that enable our mission critical business partners. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft, especially since Microsoft Dynamics 365 is Microsoft's next billion dollar business and we at CPE BAP work closely with Business Applications Products Group to drive feedback into the product through internal implementations, solving complex business problems.
An ideal candidate will bring:
* A strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design. Alternatively, in depth knowledge of Dynamics365 capabilities, architecture and deployment.
* Self-motivation and proactiveness - Able to operate independently and true ownership
* Customer and partner engagement experience with a demonstrated track record of success
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 15+ years of software development experience
* Experience managing cloud service engineering team
* Management experience leading software engineering teams
* Experience leading complex software projects over multiple releases
* Ability to quickly ramp up on new service offerings and technical components
* The ideal candidate is a solid Software Development Engineer with a proven track record of delivering in a feature crew structure.
* A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of at least one modern programming language
* Knowledge of popular programming frameworks (OSS and/or .NET)
* Knowledge of Azure stack and surround technologies
* Knowledge in Dynamics 365 (CE, F&O)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for an energetic, customer-obsessed Engineering Leader for Dynamics 365 to work directly with our business partners and product group. resources to help them design and build solutions using Dynamics 365.
You will be expected to collaborate across multiple workstreams and roles like architects, program management leads and engineering leads in both Core Service Engineering and Business Application Group (Product Groups).
You will be responsible to lead the feature crew to deliver complex business problems and solve technical challenges to meet business goals and maintain Dynamics service health. You will also be expected to demonstrate ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry and develop talent in the team to consume these technologies in business applications.
Your success will involve building features & solutions to be reusable across multiple solutions both internal and external to Microsoft, as well as leverage work of others through ideas and features from other solutions.
As an Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
* Being the "go to" Business Applications expert for assigned service offerings technical and non-technical. Fully plugged into business team goals, roadmap, offerings, etc. Educate our business partners about Dynamics 365 capabilities & vertical solutions and value proposition, in order to drive active sourcing of opportunities.
* Meeting with business partners at an early stage to identify their needs, present the right designs and solutions and help them make the right decisions around business applications
* Being the trusted advisor to our business partners - and their end users - for all questions related to Dynamics 365 - capabilities, usage scenarios and solutions.
* Gathering feedback, experiences and requirements from customers to inform our product roadmap, features and strategy
* Being a local engineering team advocate for Dynamics 365. This includes actively participating in the local developer and IT community, user groups, broader conferences, etc.
* Having high visibility and technical depth into partner solutions on top of Dynamics 365
* Support Technical Architects in the definition of solution and technology roadmaps and industry standards
* Recruit and build a strong engineering team, and mentor/grow team members
Success in this role involves growing the Dynamics 365 adoption and success internally within Microsoft by directly onboarding large business partners & workloads to a broad set of users through the breadth of theD365 capabilities.
This is a technical role: you must be hands on with general software design/development skills for Dynamics 365 development and have deep domain knowledge in customization and configuration of D365. To succeed, you should be self-driven and proactive with a demonstrated history of solving business problems and persistence in the face of challenges. An entrepreneurial sense of ownership and ability to take initiative and operate autonomously are key. You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to confidently present to and convince customers and partners.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.