The success of Office 365 is driving us to evaluate new markets, new business opportunities as well as new ways of accomplishing our goals. As engineers we need to be constantly looking for fresh ideas and new approaches.
The Office 365 team is looking for a strong, motivated, independent and energetic Senior PM to drive complex market-specific O365 Search requirements in our service. In this role, you will combine strong technical depth with a keen customer focus to ensure our growth and adoption targets are met and help bring feedback back to the team to drive further refinement and innovation. You will contribute towards designing complex features with cross-cloud dependencies to make Office 365 more resilient and compliant to meet the highest certification standards.
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
* Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* 5+ years of program management or computer/network engineering experience
* Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related disciplines
* Strong technical problem-solving and analytical skills using data analysis
* Excellent written & oral communication and project management skills
* Experience in shipping a cloud service at scale
* Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate customer and service scenarios, design, spec, and deliver highly available and scalable solutions is required
* Experience and understanding of enterprise search technologies as applied to enterprise content discovery
* Understanding of SharePoint or SharePoint Online and related search scenarios is a plus
* Ability to collaborate with partners within and across teams
* Passionate customer advocate
* Relentless drive for results
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Team player
* Ability to lead & influence without authority
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced PM or technical specialist with a strong track record of shipping services and a proven ability to take a growth-mindset towards customer, partner and engineering engagement with the goal of hitting our business and engineering objectives.
* Conceive and design service scale features that meet customer and operational requirements
* Design and implement improvements to our security posture and compliance automation
* Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner
* Work directly with engineering teams to ensure new services meet the scale and cycle times for high volume deployments
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.