Data is at the heart of the Cloud. Winning in the Cloud means winning in Data by providing rich data services from creation to data processing deriving deep insights from within. All of this has to be done while supporting high availability, predictability and elasticity - be it supporting 1000 users on a single machine or a query that utilizes 1000's of machines. Does this sound like an interesting problem? If yes, talk to us in the SQL Server team. We have made a big bet on our super-successful business winning in the Cloud. We will win by building the world-best data management Cloud platform and transform how people use databases. But to do that, we need your help. Our competition is fierce, and our aspirations are bold! The SQL Server Data Warehouse team delivers world class relational data warehouse server technologies used across the globe with some of the largest Cloud deployments in the world. We have made tremendous strides making us one of the fastest data warehouse solutions in the cloud! This is still only the beginning. Everywhere you look, the quantity of information in the world is soaring. With this dramatic growth, the importance of the data platform continues to grow tremendously. Joining SQL Server Data Warehouse is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry who are tackling challenges that will continue to shape the industry. SQL Server team fosters a supportive and productive work environment and is known for providing growth avenues for developers to reach the highest levels at Microsoft. The team culture values engineering quality, technical excellence, and grass roots innovation.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
* 3+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming
* Experience building and shipping production grade software or services.
* Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
* Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
* Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
* Great curiosity and willingness to question.
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
* Experience with Open Source Big Data Stack such as Hadoop, HIVE, SPARK, HBASE etc.
* Understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an engineer, you have an opportunity to work on the latest technology in compute and container hosting to build a massively scalable unified cloud service framework, get to work on heterogeneous transport protocols, apply innovative algorithms for solving placement and load balancing problems at scale. We need collaborative developers who can think big, deliver on those big challenges, and along the way, change the world. We're looking for engineers to build them from the ground up. Want to change the world with data and large-scale distributed systems? Do you want to solve challenges that you didn't even know existed until you get to a large size? Come join us on the Azure data team!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.