Roblox, Senior Product Manager - Developer Services, San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet.
As a Senior Product Manager - Game Services you will work together with other Product Managers to help set product strategy and vision to define the future of game development on Roblox. As someone with a technical background and experience in cloud based services your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the extensive backend services that the Roblox developers need to build great games.
* Product Manager with BS or MS in CS or similar with 7+ years in product management.
* Technical leader who is deeply interested in the design of cloud based services and know how to empower game development
* A gaming expert who is deeply familiar with authoring game solutions and knowledge of other authoring tools such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
* Detail oriented: Ability to see beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset.
* Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
* Dynamic: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
* Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market.
* A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
* Create and deliver innovative backend services that satisfy the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community & beyond.
* Help drive the strategic and tactical efforts in building the next generation game services that enables great games.
* Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and bring them live to the platform.
* Relentless customer development to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
* Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
* Communicate needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
* Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.