Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Datacenter Automation Engineer, you'll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack and hardware infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you'll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build systems that can sustain several million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you'll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
* Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands on experience
* A coding champion: your prowess in a multitude of programming languages such as Python, Ruby (for chef), C#, and Go, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems
* Not afraid of Linux (Ubuntu) and/or Windows: you have solid administration skills in either OS, good system-analysis, configuration, and troubleshooting experience
* Passionate about automation: you have knowledge of, or hands-on experience with, technologies like Maas.io or theforeman.org, Mesos, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Hashi-stack, Jenkins, and Chef or Puppet
* Up-to-speed on all things Cloud: you have working experience with public cloud (AWS preferred) and private cloud (OpenStack preferred) solutions
* Ambitious: you boldly go where no man or woman has gone before; GraphQL, Consul.io, Vault.io, Hubot, Docker, Mesos, InfluxDB, TICK, Prometheus, ELK, etc. might not be technologies you've used, but you are keen to learn and grow
* Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood
* Develop and deliver groundbreaking tools and API solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world
* Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation
* Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability
* Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™
* Work with an innovative team that is currently distributed throughout the US and Canada, and soon to be globally
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.