Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world's first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our current market-leading products include a cellular-enabled GPS tracker and a WiFi & Bluetooth-enabled activity monitor. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
As part of the largest petcare company in the world, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
Whistle is seeking a Senior Product Designer to create dynamic visual experiences across mobile & web, including design initiatives related to app features, new device setup, GPS tracking, and health monitoring. This person will work closely with the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to create engaging and original designs. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, intuitive designer with a passion for making complex information accessible and engaging for Whistle product users.
* Lead user experience and user interface initiatives through the product development cycle (including user research, testing and analysis, layouts, interaction design and design specifications.
* Develop a deep understanding of our users through ongoing research and analysis of user behavior pattern.
* Participate in all phases of the product development life-cycle, including ideation and definition, design and user research, testing and development
* Work directly with product owners and key stakeholders to solve strategic market problems and end-user problems
* Collaborate with other designers, engineers and product owners on the product definition process
* Maintain style guides, UX and UI documentation, assets and prototypes for assigned products
* 5+ years experience designing for digital products in the consumer technology industry
* Experience with native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills that help lead conversations, and ultimately projects, forward
* Experience in dealing with ambiguity and balancing multiple changing priorities
* Proficiency with prototyping tools
* Motion design and illustration skills
* Understanding of interaction design patterns
Whistle develops tracking devices for pet owners and veterinarians worldwide.