Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world's first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our current market-leading products include a cellular-enabled GPS tracker and a WiFi & Bluetooth-enabled activity monitor. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
Backed by the largest petcare company in the world, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
Whistle is looking for a disciplined individual to lead the design, implementation and management of Whistle's internal Data Analytics, Data Engineering and Business Insights efforts. To deliver this we need someone with deep expertise and experience in assessing the needs of the company, the potential of the data that we have and building a solution that marries the two.
* Lead Data Analytics, Data Engineering & Business Insights functions within Whistle
* Work with all parts of Whistle (engineering, product, marketing, finance, etc) to uncover critical and strategic questions to the business and use data to provide insights and answers.
* Lead the organization and engineering of our data so that we can use it effectively and quickly.
* Lead advanced analytics and modeling to help answer hard questions.
* Lead the creation of a self-service analytics and business insights platform that allows associates from across Whistle to answer their own data questions.
* Evangelize the use of analytics tools and data to drive business insights, change and benefits.
* Ensure team members across Whistle are engaged so that the right outputs are delivered to the right people at the right time.
* Contribute to and employ best practices and strategies in organizing and enabling access to data for cross-functional analytics.
Here's what we are looking for in a strong candidate:
* BS Degree in a technical field (engineering or science), or experience in roles with heavy technical content and engineering collaboration
* 7+ years of related experience
* Previously responsible for analytics group (including analytics, tool management, etc)
* Hands-on experience with common data tools such as Python, R, and SQL
* Deep hands-on experience with at least one analytics & engineering platform (Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
* Deep hands-on experience with database structures
* Experience with developing and managing ETL pipelines
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Energetic and self-driven; creative problem solver
* Previously led creation of a 'self-serve' analytics & engineering environment so analysts from different domains can easily access data to answer their own questions
Whistle is an equal opportunity employer
Whistle develops tracking devices for pet owners and veterinarians worldwide.