At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector seeks a Senior Principal Systems Engineer Architect. The candidate will support architecture and integration needs, to include designing, validating, and maintaining the architecture against requirements baselines. He/she may lead trade studies, gap analyses, and other activities to assess proposed changes to the architecture with respect to impacts on technical performance, cost, and schedule baselines and ensure interoperability between segments and external agencies. Candidate must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, well-developed problem-solving skills, and ability to work within a dynamic environment. This position's standard work schedule is a 5/40.
What you'll get to do:
* Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to define architectural views using UPDM (DoDAF/MoDAF) and SysML.
* Derive mission threads and use cases.
* Define system functions and trace to requirements.
* Facilitate subject matter experts, stakeholders, and customers throughout the process of developing architectural specifications.
* Identify proposed changes to technical baseline documents (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products).
* Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll bring these qualifications:
* 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
* Active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
* Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and the Unified Profile for DoDAF and MoDAF (UPDM).
* Systems Engineering skills, including requirements definition/allocation, interface definition, verification & validation, and lifecycle management.
* Proficiency with commercially available architecting tools such as Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, etc.
These qualifications would be nice to have:
* Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical material to senior management and customers.
* Familiarity and experience working with DoD acquisition organizations.
* Experience designing and testing space systems and/or command & control systems.
* Previous experience in developing architectures for Information Support Plans (ISPs).
* Previous experience in supporting capability based assessments (CBAs) for Capability Development Documents (CDDs).
* Experience with the U.S. Air Force.
* Experience with Global Positioning System (GPS) related systems or projects.
* Experience with the Sparx Enterprise Architect tool.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
* Education Assistance
* Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.