At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have ambitious new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture grows with intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in San Diego, CA has an opening for a Manager and System Test Lead. You will be a part of the software qualification test team who will be developing, dry running, executing test procedures to verify software requirements.
Section Manager responsibilities include working closely with the STE Department Manager and fellow section managers to implement department and CoE initiatives, ensuring successful planning and execution of program test engineering activities, collaborating with programs to satisfy staffing needs and provide operations support (incident investigations, metrics collection and analysis, etc.), setting Talent goals and providing regular performance feedback to employees, supporting the annual salary review and promotion process, mentoring and developing the next generation of technical and project leadership, and improving and implementing test engineering processes and procedures
System Test Engineering Lead includes the following:Identify and manage risks and opportunities
* Responsible for the planning and execution of test strategies in support of program IFC development process
* Responsible for cost, schedule and technical quality of the subsystem test SOW
* The ideal candidate is detail oriented, organized, and able to learn challenging concepts quickly in a dynamic environment.
* Developing robust nominal & off-nominal software test cases centered on improving the user experience
* Lead implementation of test automation strategies using industry standard tools and frameworks.
* Lead a team of STE's in software testing
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative team settings across all levels.
* 5 years with a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
* An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain program access
* Experience with IBM Rational tool suite (DOORS and ClearQuest)
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Git, Confluence)
* Experience with Java, C , or Python
* Experience using software test automation tools/frameworks
* Experience with Windows/Linux operating systems & Virtual Machines (VMs)
* Expert level understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile development methodology
* 5 years of professional experience in an embedded software development or QC/test role
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.