Advanced software technologies are critical to Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems' strategic business areas - Advanced Concepts & Technologies (ACT), Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS), Integrated Communication Systems (ICS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Secure Sensor Solutions (S3), and Space Systems (SS).
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. A qualified candidate for the Space Programs will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. Primary responsibilities include requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design. Additional responsibilities include: software development of command, control, and telemetry of various space-based sensors and control mechanisms, and unit and module software test activities.
The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment. The candidate will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation. The candidate will be leading a team of SW developers, performing the role of Scrum Master. The candidate must be a good communicator with the ability to present technical information to program management and customers.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.*
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.*
* 10+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development.
* BS or higher degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent.
* Experience in Object Oriented C++.
* Experience in full life-cycle software development, implementation, design and overall architecture.
* Experience integrating existing code into larger platforms.
* Expertise writing Software Requirements Specifications and Preliminary design development.
* Experience with software test activities including developing software integration and test plans for large scale systems.
* Experience with Agile software development.
* Understanding of software development best practices and processes.
* Current SECRET Clearance.
* Experience as a Scrum Master.
* Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers.
* Experience with leading a team of SW developers.
* Experience working on AWS.
* Experience architecting large micro-service based architectures.
* Experience with Python.
* Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools.
* Ability to work on program resource needs with functional management and program management.
134824BR 134824 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.